Re: xorg 6.9.0 mem leak

From: Josh Carroll <josh.carroll_at_psualum.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:34:03 -0800
Assuming it is the pixmaps being cached by firefox causing this
growth, can someone with this problem please see this thread:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=354828#memcache

And set the maximum memory cache to 8000 or 16000, then see if this
problem persists?

The quick way to do this is:

about:config

Create a new integer key, named "browser.cache.memory.capacity" and
assign a value in KB for the cache size.

You can confirm the size set by opening:

about:cache

You should see:

Maximum storage size: 16000 KiB  (or whatever you set it to).

Watching xrestop, the Pxm mem value for Firefox should not exceed your
maximum set. If it remains below your value, but you still see X.org
or Firefox consuming/leaking memory, it may be an entirely different
problem, but I suspect this will fix the problem.

Josh