snap10 works, snap12 doesn't

From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas_at_blackhelicopters.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:37:26 -0500
Hi,

I have a new Sager amd64 dual-core notebook, purchased at the end of
2005, running FreeBSD-current.  I originally installed i386 snap10.

I'm attempting to upgrade this system to snap12.  Before installing
the new world, of course I install the new kernel and try it.  The
system will not boot successfully on a snap12 kernel; it shuts itself
off right after the uhub4 probe without panicing or providing any
debugging information whatsoever.

UPDATING doesn't seem to have anything relevant.

I've attached the snap10 and snap12 boot -v output.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas_at_FreeBSD.org, mwlucas_at_BlackHelicopters.org

"The cloak of anonymity protects me from the nuisance of caring." -Non Sequitur