Re: HEADSUP: New pts code triggers panics on amd64 systems.

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:44:12 +0200
On 2006-02-01 15:55, Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> After a binary search, I have determined that the new pts code is
> triggering kernel panics on an AMD64 system.

It also makes syscons unusable here.

I just rebuilt a HEAD snapshot from today's latest CVSup, installed it
in /dev/ad0s1a (my test partition), and the behavior is still the same
as a few days ago:

    - single user mode shell works fine

    - in multiuser mode, when syscons reaches a login prompt
      i have to press RET twice to see the last line

It seems that something is broken in the way syscons detects whether an
output line should be flushed out, but I'm not sure.

A snapshot from -D '2006/01/26 01:30:00 UTC' works fine (just before the
first pts change).

I don't know how to debug this or provide more useful feedback, but I'll
look at the diffs later today, when I'm done with $REALJOB stuff.

- Giorgos