Re: panic: Trying sleep, but thread marked as sleeping prohibited

From: Ian Dowse <iedowse_at_iedowse.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 01:57:28 +0000
In message <20060214205050.GA6218_at_haakonia.hitnet.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, Christian Br
ueffer writes:
>I get the following panic now and then when trying to mount my external
>usb drive.  The panic only occurs when the machine has been up for some
>time.

There's an experimental patch at

	http://people.freebsd.org/~iedowse/usb.diff

that attempts to avoid the need for the USB subsystem to allocate
any large contiguous chunks of memory. It would be useful if you
could test this to see if it solves the issue.

Recently I've updated the patch to try completing the OHCI support
for non-contiguous allocations, so OHCI and in particular isochronous
OHCI transfers may have problems. I'd be greatful if anyone could
test the patch, especially with OHCI isochronous devices that
currently work, since I've almost certainly broken something there.

Ian