Re: reversed behavior with nsswitch.conf

From: Foo <foo_at_virtual-voodoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:09:21 -0500
Hi,

I have run into this as well.  I am a student in a class that required
us to set up sendmail in an environment where we don't have access to
the local DNS, so all our resolution is done via /etc/hosts.  I had to
be able to send email between our three *nix boxes, and it kept breaking
on the DNS resolution. Initially, I used mailertable entries to
circumvent the issue since every other strategy I found to turn off DNS
resolution for sendmail didn't work.  However, upon reading this, I
switched the order of the
"hosts" settings in nsswitch.conf and got rid of the mailertable entries
and it worked.  So yes, I have run into the issue as well.  I am using
6.0-RELEASE.

Hope this helps.
Joel