Bad code in rcorder(8) (Was: Re: New RCorder: abi loaded too late)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:32:56 -0800
Divacky Roman wrote:

> I tried running rcorder under valgrind and it showed me massive
> leaks/double-frees etc. unfortunately I am not able to run valgrind on recent
> 7-current (when I start it it just creates 2.8G coredump)
>
> it would be great to run coverity on rcorder or something to reveal the bugs. I
> am willing to hack on it but I'd appreciate some help (either the valgrind
> running or list of coverity revealed bugs)

I actually requested a coverity check of the code, and it didn't turn up
anything. The code for rcorder is the same in both HEAD and RELENG_6,
although obviously you won't get the new malloc if you are running in the
latter. However, I'm guessing that if you fix things that are obviously bugs
that are exposed by valgrind on RELENG_6, it would still be valuable to
bring those fixes into HEAD first.

Doug