Re: Bad code in rcorder(8) (Was: Re: New RCorder: abi loaded too late)

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:44:04 -0800
Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:

>> Divacky Roman wrote:
>>> I tried running rcorder under valgrind and it showed me massive
>>> leaks/double-frees etc. unfortunately I am not able to run valgrind on recent
>>> 7-current (when I start it it just creates 2.8G coredump)

> Looks fine to me ...

I think the trick is to repeat your test with some bad stuff in the scripts.
So, create some circular dependencies, and some other impossible conditions,
then repeat the test.

Also, Divacky posted a PR with a start to cleaning up the code, might be
worth some before and after on that.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=bin/93630

Doug