Re: dhclient existing when run early in startup

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:02:12 -0800
I have dhclient almost working on -current. I just added the following 3
lines before running dhclient:
  if ! [ -d "/var/empty" ]; then
    mkdir /var/empty
  fi

I don't delete the directory, so it's only created once and just sits
there forever.

Now, the correct profile is selected, but I now hang in dhclient in
netif. This may be impacted by the fact that I am running ISC
dhcp-client because my Prism 2.5 does not play will with the one in
-current.

A ^C clears things and the system starts fine with the correct
configuration of the interface.

I will try running it again with debugging turned on.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)