Re: Virtual memory consumption (both user and kernel) in modern CURRENT

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 16:05:36 +1300
Mike Jakubik wrote:
> On Thu, February 23, 2006 9:21 pm, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
>

>>The most likely culprit is the fact that redzones are enabled at the
>>moment in -CURRENT.
>>
>>On that note, Mike - did you try turning them off?
>

> Yes, it lowered my swap space usage from 40MB to 1MB. Which is certainly
> better, but even before, my system used no swap.

Hmm, that's not so great - any idea about how much free memory you had
using the old malloc?

I'm interested, as I run 6.0R on a PIII with 512MB RAM and have (right
now) 193MB free, that's with Enlightment, Firefox, Thunderbird, xmms,
and several Eterms running - so needless to say it runs great. I'm
wondering what the situation will look like with -CURRENT....

regards

Mark