Re: dhclient ignoring link on wi0

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:26:59 -0800
Daniel Dvorak wrote:
> [...]

That is a firmware issue.  OTOH there are patches floating around that
bypass the firmware and select the tx rate in the host and which make
operation better.

> ... and other issue is about transmit power limit, no chance to limit tx,
> txpowmax does not work at all. Card transmits at full power.

This is a firmware issue.  Find a driver that supports changing the tx
power and you will find a driver that works only for certain cards and
certain revs of firmware.  Feel free to supply patches for this; you can
get them from the linux hostap driver for example.

> I know from my friend there exists some patch for the first issue, but CVS
> does not contain it even in 7-CURRENT, let alone 6-STABLE.

Becuase the person working on the patch received feedback that it did
not work in all cases and has not had time to identify the issue.

	Sam