Re: Intel 2915abg and 11a

From: Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:33:53 -0500
On 1/7/06, Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net> wrote:

> is anyone successfully running their Intel 2915abg card in 11a mode with
> the
> iwi(4) driver?  I am wondering, because since 11a has been enabled in the
> driver I can't use it anymore.  "fatal error" while scanning through the
> 11a
> channels.  No matter what firmware I use.

> Please let me know - if there are no positive reports I'd like to disable
> 11a
> for the moment to have the driver working in 11b/g mode at least - which
> it
> does.

I would be running it on 11a, but 11a doesn't seem to be working with
6.0-STABLE.  I have followed -CURRENT with my laptop in the past, but  I
havn't yet decided to with 7.0

One other issue I'm seeing, though, is that the iwi0 in my laptop which is :

iwi0: <Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG> mem 0xdcfef000-0xdcfeffff irq 17 at
device 3.0 on pci3

... is that the adaptor looses association with the access point and never
regains it unless I down and up it...