Re: panic with evolution

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:20:16 -0800
On 1/9/06, Robert Noland <rnoland_at_2hip.net> wrote:

> I reported this a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't able to get a trace
> from serial console.  Every time I start evolution I get the following
> panic shortly after.  Where the definition of shortly is not more than a
> couple of minutes.  Evolution is configured with spamassasin and spamd
> is running.  It seems to occur while it is trying to filter spam messages.

Have you tested all of your physical RAM?  I'd check this first before
diving deeper into the kernel.

I had a similar problem once and found that if I moved a DIMM to a different
slot everything was fine.  Took me almost a year to figure out that that was
the problem... for 6 months I ran with half my RAM installed.

There's some free memory testers you can "boot" into that do a decent job.

Dave