Re: The BladeCenter Saga -> bge driver not behaving properly...

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:50:48 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Rainer Duffner wrote:

> FYI:
> The LS20 blades only do 1000 TX anyway (at least here, we don't have the
> internal switch).
>
> That may be the reason for this quirk.

If you have the switch the bay ports are hardwired to autoneg. I've never
had an optical passthrough (OPM) to see if it works correctly in that
situation. (I didn't know the OPMs even existed until December, then they
showed up on a price sheet I was looking at. Explained a lot about the
design of the system.)