Re: FreeBSD on Intel Macs?

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:31:51 -0800
On 1/12/06, Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, David Leimbach wrote:
>
> > I might be picking one up this week... not sure yet.  So conflicted over
> > that or waiting to see what the new used to be a PowerMac will be.  [Do
> > really want the mobile processor?]
>
> Word on the street is that the Apple retail stores will have them 1/17.
> The marketing people and logistics people apparently forgot to make
> one last phone call before issuing the press release.

LOL, oh well they were shipping in 2 to 3 days from the website orders as of
Tuesday... so that's probably about right.

At least it's better than the time I pre-ordered Tiger to make sure it would
come on time only to be told it wouldn't... and then all 3 local apple
stores within 15 miles of my house had more than enough copies to go
around.  That was frustrating... I had words with some folks at apple over
that.

I think the brave people who buy without the try should get first crack
don't you? :)

Dave