Re: recent changes to libc on amd64

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:30:21 -0800
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:52:58PM +0100, Goran Gajic wrote:

> I have already tried - malloc.c 1.93, 1.94 and 1.95 seems to break
> joe and Xorg on amd64 (so far only two applications I have found not
> working). On i386 so far I haven't experienced such problems.
> I have tried switching back to malloc.c 1.92 and I don't experience any
> problems on amd64. Running joe through gdb reports that it breaks
> somewhere in libncurses..

The problem with Xorg on amd64 is known, and I believe Jason
intends to look into the problem when his hardware arrives.
The prolem with joe appears to be new.  Can you build libncurses
and joe with debugging symbol to get more information?  Can
rebuild joe with electric fence?  Also, read the malloc manpage
for setting various flags.

--
Steve