Re: Problem with some "tmac" files (was: Re: make delete-old hurts)

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 23:31:19 +0200 (EET)
Hello!

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Uhm... no. What I meant was just a plain "make installworld" followed
> by "make check-old" on -current after having already run "make
> delete-old" previously.

  OK, I've got it. I completed my half-finished upgrade (done 'make
delete-old', 'mergemaster -i'), then reboot to single-user mode (just to make
sure) and made 'make installworld' again. Those 2 empty files:

/usr/share/tmac/mm/locale
/usr/share/tmac/mm/se_locale

have appeared again. After that I run 'make check-old', and it listed
only 2 these files as old ones.

> What we want to know is "is this file removed by error?". We can see

  It seems to be true...

> I just did a check-old on a -current system. Those files exist here
> too, but they are empty (0 bytes).

  Yes, they are empty both on 6.0-RELEASE and on my hand-made CURRENT.

> ObsoleteFiles.inc in a day if nobody tells us that their existence is a
> bug.

  For now, we only know that _absence_ of mm/locale _is_ a bug - it prevents
ports/x11/XFree86-4-documents from being built.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua