Re: FreeBSD on Intel Macs?

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:56:13 -0700
On Jan 17, 2006, at 8:15 PM, Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 07:37 -0800, David Leimbach wrote:
>> Isn't there an Intel version of Virtual PC for Windows as a host?
>> I've
>> never really looked into it much I guess.
> AFAIK this used to be Connectix Virtual PC before Microsoft bought and
> relabeled it. I do not believe I have seen Windows hosted version
> since.

Actually, the Windows version is a big deal

<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx>

and is the actual reason that Microsoft bought Connectix.  They were/
are looking for ways of getting people running old NT installations
to be able to upgrade and still keep their NT (running inside a
Virtual PC) (for example, people who have special software that they
cannot upgrade or don't want to upgrade to something that runs on >
NT4).

Chad