slow bfe0, dropouts - help?

From: Ted Faber <faber_at_ISI.EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:36:33 -0800
Hi.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 6000 with at Broadcom BCM4401-B0 Fast
Ethernet on it, and the "Fast" really isn't there.  I'm frequently getting
KB/s performance out of it on a 100 Mb/s link when trying to download,
and it's fairly common for it to drop out completely over the course of
a long download.  It has the feel of missing interrupts, but I don't see
any messages in the logs.

This is -CURRENT as of Wed morning.

I see the same performance without ACPI as with.

I don't see any config flags on the manual page or any systctls to play
with.

A kernel config and verbose dmesg are attached.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'm happy to test patches.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc