Re: kernel thread as real threads..

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:00:08 -0700 (MST)
In message: <43D56E79.60504_at_elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org> writes:
: > - fork (although davidxu is changing that)
:
: well, the operation woudll continue for the parent only I woudl assume.
:
: > (although davidxu is changing that)
:
: I'm not convinced that that multiple threads should be allowed to
: proceed during a fork
: but I can see that not allowing it is more a "foot shooting avoidance"
: than a requirement.
: it could be allowed that if you do a fork and allow multipel threads to
: runat the same time
: and end up with an inconsistant address space in the child, then you get
: what you deserve.
: :-)

Why not?  It is a race no matter what...  And if you do single thread
things, you can run into a bunch of different dead-lock scenarios.  I
helped to find one recently with nfs.

Warner