Re: if_flags usage etc.

From: Luigi Rizzo <rizzo_at_icir.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:55:00 -0800
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 12:39:27AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Actually, the ifmedia approach has a cleaner way of dealing.  mii uses
> ifmedia.  ifmedia reports all the possible media types to ifconfig,
> and then reports its status.  mii has a nearly identical way of
> doing this for devices with mii busses, or pseudo mii busses.
>
> ed should likely be fully converted to using ifmedia, but I'm not sure
> I want to risk breaking ISA cards that I don't have access to to make
> it so.  I just don't have the time...

to tell the truth, -current is so heavyweight for obsolete
hardware that i wonder what is the point of trying to support
old hardware that nobody has anymore, or on which nobody
would upgrade the OS from 4.x to 7.x

Not that i have plans to revise the 'ed' driver' but if
someone has such plans, this shouldn't be a concern
that stops us.

	cheers
	luigi