Re: usb mouse support update plans

From: Frank Altpeter <frank.altpeter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:30:36 +0100
Hi there,

i found a posting with above subject line on nabble, so i'm catching
on it. I also just got a new usb mouse, which does get reported as
uhid0 instead of ums0. So this is what i found:

Quoting Bill Paul from 2006-01-04 11:45:
> 2) The mouse is not reporting itself as a generic desktop/mouse
>   device, and the ums(4) driver is ignoring it.

[...]
> If the issue is thing 2, then you need to do the following:
>
> - Boot up FreeBSD 6.0.
> - Plug the wireless keyboard/mouse into a USB port on a FreeBSD machine
> - Wait until you see the ukbd0/uhid0 probe output on the console (i.e.
>  wait until FreeBSD sees the devices)
> - Run "dmesg" and save _ALL_ the output. Report it to us so we can
>  see it. And I mean _ALL_ of it.
>
> - Run the following commands, as root:
>
> # usbdevs -v
> # usbhidctl -f /dev/uhid0 -r
> - This should show all the information that the mouse reports about
> itself.
>  Save the output (there'll probably be a page or two of information) and
>  report _ALL_ of it here so that we can see it. And I mean _ALL_ of it.
>
> If it really is a USB mouse class device and it's just misrepresenting
> itself, then it's likely the USB_MATCH() routine in sys/dev/usb/ums.c
> can be tweaked a little to recognize the device. But we won't know for
> sure until we see the output of the usbhidctl command.

So, here it is:

http://www.73f.de/temp/dmesg.txt
http://www.73f.de/temp/usbdevs-v.txt
http://www.73f.de/temp/usbhidctl.txt

Perhaps someone has a solution for this mouse :)

--
Le deagh dhùraghd,

        Frank Altpeter

Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix.
I don't think that this is a coincidence.
        -- Anonymous