Question on IFF_PPROMISC (and IFF_PROMISC)

From: Gregory Nou <gregorynou_at_altern.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:47:46 +0100
Hi,

I found a (somewhat old) post from gnn_at_ on this topic there :

I also think that it would be a good idea to do it (at least, it would
be easier to understand, because IFF_PPROMISC is not that explicit). If
nobody has already done it, I'll work on this.

There is another point on which I would appreciate to know your opinion:
referring to if.c[1269], I understand that if IFF_PPROMISC is set in
ifp->if_flags, IFF_PROMISC should be set to (or we are in a transient
situation).
It appears that if_ethersubr.c[652] is working in this case. Isn't it a
mistake ?

Thanks a lot !
--
Gregory
(Forwarded here, because I got no answers on freebsd-net_at_)