Re: [TEST/REVIEW] CPU accounting patches

From: Charles Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:40:08 -0500
On Jan 27, 2006, at 2:59 PM, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> As i just mentioned, i don't know of any colo that charges for your
> power usage, you pay by U's and bandwidth. Are you running a 100
> node freebsd cluster? I didn't think so. Besides, nothing is
> stopping you from using powerd, just make sure you have a new
> chipset that has either speedstep or powernow, otherwise its useless.

A lack of knowledge is easily correctable.  Google for "colocation
power costs", and you'll discover that most colo's offer a 20 amp
service included in their standard charge for renting a full rack,
but  then will charge around $10 per amp per month for extra power,
if not more.

Some places will add an extra $300-500 per month for each extra 20-
amp circuit.

--
-Chuck