Re: /c: unmount pending error: blocks -68512 files 0

From: Chuck Swiger <cswiger_at_mac.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:14:05 -0500
Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 07:50:18PM -0500, Chuck Swiger wrote:
>> Kris Kennaway wrote:
>>> /c: unmount pending error: blocks -68512 files 0
>>>
>>> This warning has been popping up sporadically on my systems at reboot
>>> time since FreeBSD 5.3..what causes it?
>> Did you have any processes stuck in an uninterruptable condition when you
>> unmounted the filesystem?  The message is from:
>
> Perhaps, but none that I noticed this time.  I do encounter that
> sometimes though.

Another BSD system used to dump you to single-user mode when something like this
happened and say """Something is stuck, "ps -axl" advised."""

If you wanted to, I guess you could set a breakpoint for the debugger or have it
panic if and when that message is triggered, and poke around from there.

If you were trying to _avoid_ having that message appear, I'd consider forcing
an fsck of the filesystem when it's not mounted, or toggle whether softupdates
is (are?) being used....

--
-Chuck