Re: panic: vm_page_insert: page already inserted

From: Devon H. O'Dell <devon.odell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 17:34:14 -0800
2006/1/28, Christian Brueffer <chris_at_unixpages.org>:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 12:05:22PM +0100, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > from time to time I'm getting the following panic when doing a 'gbde attach'
> > on my external USB drive.  The panic only occurs when the box has been
> > running for a while (when contiguous memory is more scarce i presume).
> >
> > System built of sources from Jan 24 19:19:07 CET.
> >
> > panic: vm_page_insert: page already inserted
>
> Alex Leidinger pointed out, that this panic was fixed a couple of days
> ago.  Sorry for the noise.
>
> - Christian

It was? That's great! It looks very, VERY much like something that I'm
seeing on random machines here, and indeed I'm not getting it with
HEAD from yesterday (which was confusing me this morning, but now it
makes sense :)).

Will this be MFC'ed back to 6 and 5? Various machines of ours have
been failing with these panics in 5.x, and 6.x both FreeBSD/i386 and
FreeBSD/amd64.

--Devon