Re: cvs commit: src/etc/defaults rc.conf

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 21:56:04 -0800
Nate Lawson wrote:
> njl         2006-01-29 05:51:58 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     etc/defaults         rc.conf
>   Log:
>   Enable the lowest Cx state by default.  This will save power and we have
>   had enough testing of acpi_cpu to know this is stable now.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.272     +2 -2      src/etc/defaults/rc.conf

This has been tested in 5, 6, and 7.x for a year and a half so it should
be stable.  Still, if your system starts hanging, try resetting this
back to its previous value by putting the following in /etc/rc.conf:

performance_cx_lowest="HIGH"
economy_cx_lowest="HIGH"

Only notify me if you experience a new problem that the above rc.conf
change fixes, and only if it's with 7-CURRENT.  Thanks.

--
Nate