Call for stge(4) testers

From: Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:48:53 +0900
Hi,

This is a ported driver from NetBSD stge(4). It supports the
following GigE adapters.
o Antares Microsystems Gigabit Ethernet
o ASUS NX1101 Gigabit Ethernet
o D-Link DL-4000 Gigabit Ethernet
o IC Plus IP1000A Gigabit Ethernet
o Sundance ST-2021 Gigabit Ethernet
o Sundance ST-2023 Gigabit Ethernet
o Sundance TC9021 Gigabit Ethernet
o Tamarack TC9021 Gigabit Ethernet
The IP1000A Gigabit Ethernet is also found on some motherboards
(LOM) from ABIT.

Due to the lack of documentation(IC Plus Inc. required a NDA) I
started from NetBSD stge(4) driver and fixed several bugs in
stge(4). It no longer requires promiscuous mode operation to
receive packet and it now supports all hardware features(
IP/UDP/TCP checksum offload, VLAN tagging/insertion and JUMBO
frame) and polling(4). However JUMBO frame support seems to
have several bugs and I don't know how to solve it. Sometimes
it would take a very long time(30~40 seconds) to work correctly
after changing MTU and sometimes it works as expected. So I
guess I missed required programming steps which is not available.
to me.

The driver was tested on i386 only but it seems to work well on
my system. I'd like to hear success/failure reports on other
architectures such as sparc64/amd64. In addition, I don't have
adapters that have TBI transceivers so I'd also like to know if
it work on those adapters too(The patch has a generic TBI driver
from NetBSD).
Normally I'm more concerned with reliability than speed so please
report any strange behaviors noticed.

You can get the latest stge(4) driver from the following URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/stge/stge.HEAD.diff

You should add "device stge" in your kernel configuration file
and rebuild/reboot or build a kernel module.
You need latest HEAD to apply this diffs.

Thank you.
--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon