Re: Driver compilation for amd64

From: Kostik Belousov <kostikbel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 22:38:10 +0300
On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 09:25:15PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Kostik Belousov wrote:
>
> > Freebsd amd64 definitely does not work inside qemu, because acpi required
> > for that architecture, but is not provided by qemu-system-x86_64.
>
> Don't know about that - I've just booted it to the point of sysinstall
> and quit :) Since it got to sysinstall, I guess it would have kept going.
>
> IIRC there was even the standard "former beastie" menu for booting with
> ACPI enabled/disabled.
Are you sure that you booted amd64 system ? Looks like it was i386
actually.

I got the weeping from ata driver about unability to allocate interrupts.

Moreover, colleague of mine once got to compile amd64 kernel without acpi.
Booting it on the Xeon machine leads to the same errors and absence of
the disks.