Re: nss_ldap and openldap importing

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:04:43 +0200
Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au> writes:
> I don't think this follows.  Things like X and perl can be installed
> from sysinstall with mininal effort.  I'd prefer to make it easier
> to install nss_ldap as a package than have it in the base system.

The situation with LDAP today is that if you use it seriously (e.g. in
a Windows environment with ActiveDirectory and Microsoft's bastardized
Kerberos), you end up with parts of the base system having build-time
dependencies on OpenLDAP.  In my eyes, that is a very strong argument
in favor of absorbing OpenLDAP into the base system.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no