Re: What causes bus_alloc_resource() to fail?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:28:09 +0200
Quoting Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org> (from Wed, 12 Jul 2006
08:06:09 -0400 (EDT)):

> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>> Are you sure the ICH7-based audio device is using the ac97
>> interface and not the HDA interface (hardware development
>> decission, can't be changed with software)? If you are not sure I
>> suggest to try to get this information somewhere. If it is using
>> the HDA interface, your approach will never work. I suggest to have
>>  a look into the multimedia_at_ archive and search for HDA mails in
>> this case.
>
> I dunno.  I know there is a Sigmtel 92xx chip in there somewhere,
> if that helps...

HDA. Have a look at the multimedia_at_ archive and search for HDA and
sigmatel 92xxx (google doesn't give me the right thread, so probably
it's not yet indexed there).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's in walking
distance.

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137