HEADS-UP: snd_emu10kx driver imported

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 22:50:58 +0200
Hi,

I just imported the emu10kx driver which is available since a while in
ports. When loading the catch-all sound module is loaded, it will use
the emu10kx driver instead of the emu10k1 driver now. The old module is
still available in case the emu10kx driver doesn't work (we want to
hear about such cases).

Currently both drivers return the same priority when probing. When all
sound devices are compiled into the kernel, the kernel will chose one
of the drivers. You will notice which one (I don't know)...

At some point in time the emu10k1 driver will vanish.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY
NERVE GAS IS NOT A TOY

	Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 2F32
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137