Re: Inspiron 5160 touchpad stopped working on latest -current.

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:09:20 +0930
On Sunday, 16 July 2006 at 10:45:27 -0700, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> I hadn't updated in quite a while (not since circa the beginning of
> May), so last night I updated my -current source and built the latest
> bits.  Then turned the laptop off for the night, planning to test it
> this morning.
>
> Well, everything seems to work fine except for the mouse.  I saw
> that /dev/psm0 didn't exist (so moused didn't start) and did some
> checking.

I've seen this before on an Inspiron 1150, but not on a 5150.  I don't
have a 5160, but I suppose it's similar. You may have found an answer,
that this depends on the version of FreeBSD you're running.  Take a
look at http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-jan2005.html#20 ; basically, I
got mine to work with the following addition to device.hints:

  +# Needed on Inspiron 1150
  +hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000"

Greg