Re: many thread applications are unstable on 7-current

From: Iain Templeton <iain.templeton_at_cisra.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:46:00 +1000
Jiawei Ye wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Iain Templeton <iain.templeton_at_cisra.canon.com.au> wrote:
>> If you have set SYMVER_ENABLED when building libc, then you may not have
>> thr_getscheduler(), thr_setscheduler() and thr_setschedparam() in the
>> src/lib/libc/sys/Versions.def file for the syscalls. (Path and syscall
>> name may vary...)
>>
>> I discovered that after much trial and error. I then couldn't get
>> thunderbird or firefox to successfully resolve DNS so in the end gave up
>> and rebuilt everything without symbol versioning. The installworld was
>> fun...
>>
>> Iain
> Hi, I did not set SYMVER_ENABLED, is that automagically switched on?
> Because I get exactly the same error after the recent changes to
> libthr.

Hmm, does ldd show that the application links against libc.so.6 or
libc.so.7? If it is libc.so.6, then that is because libc.so.6 doesn't
contain those syscalls. If it is libc.so.7 then I don't know.

I had to rebuild all my ports after those syscalls were added in order
for things to work reliably.

Iain