Re: Firefox on -current dumps core.

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:33:53 +0300 (EEST)
Hello!

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>> When I upgraded about two weeks ago, a lot of programs dumped core.
>> Rebuilding fixed that.  I didn't have these problems when I upgraded
>> before, not even from 6.0 to 7.0-current, just this last time.
>
> Because there are libraries whose version have not been bumped
> yet in 7.0.

   BTW, libc.so.6 has recently been added to ObsoleteFiles.inc on CURRENT.
However many ports (e.g. java/diablo-jre15) still install binaries linked
against libc.so.6. Can compatibility port (misc/compat6x) be created
in order to support those ports under CURRENT?

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua