Re: Are there any beakage of linuxulator (on amd64)?

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:57:29 +0200
Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02_at_stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Mon, 24 Jul
2006 10:06:20 +0200):

> On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 09:02:06PM +0500, Gaspar Chilingarov wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> After upgrading from -CURRENT mid-Mart to Jul 22 current I got a
>> failures for Linux applications which try to use X.
>>
>> About my system: amd64, I'm trying to run openoffice and skype, but they
>> fail with "Segmentation fault". ktrace also produces dump, which makes
>> kdump fail also with segfault.
>>
>> Is this known issue or I've messed somethng on my system while upgrading?
>
> yes... linuxolator_at_amd64 is currently broken. afaik the commit to linux_ipc
> removing stackgap usage broke it. I hope someone (jhb?) is working on it

We like to work on it. But so far I haven't seen someone provide the
necessary debugging (maybe jhb got something and I didn't got a CC).
We need a ktrace of it.

Most of the time a wrapper script is called when running a linux
program. This is at least true for skype and acroread. So there are
two possibilities:
  - run "ktrace -i" and hope the mixed information (FreeBSD sh and
linux binary) can be decoded
  - modify the wrapper script to run ktrace on the real linux binary

To process the ktrace.out file, you need to use the linux_kdump
program. I made a package (32bit) available at
http://www.leidinger/net/FreeBSD/

Most interesting is the information which syscall is called before the
coredump, but the entire log would be ok too (please don't send it to
the list if it is large). So if anyone is able to provide this
information: we prefer to get it even from several people instead of
not at all.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Let the meek inherit the earth -- they have it coming to them.
		-- James Thurber

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137