amd64 page fault situation

From: Michael C. Wu <keichii_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 01:35:32 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering what we actually do in the following situation.

Suppose that there is an op code on amd64 that calls for a 64bit word.
This word crosses a page boundary. i.e. The first byte or 2 of the word
is on the last part of the page, and the second part of the word
is on the next page.

Do we just have a TLB miss or page miss?  I'd like to know
what happens.  There seems to be a good optimization opportunity here.

Thanks,
Michael