Re: [fbsd] Re: em(4) watchdog timeout

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie_at_le-hen.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:57:27 +0200
Hi Pyun,

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:53:27AM +0900, Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> I think the debug_info is useless as it's the output after
> hardware reset. Would you try latest em(4) in CURRENT?
> I've fixed a DMA related bug. Not sure it helps.

I am now running with a very recent -CURRENT from 2006.07.22.08.00.00,
is it enough ?  From CVSweb, it seems the lastest change dates from
2006.07.20, if_em.h rev 1.45.

My box has been running for nearly two days, and I saw no em(4) watchdog
timeout so far.  I am going to run some heavy computanional workload
this afternoon, trying to trigger it.  Note that I have switched to
davidxu's SCHED_CORE during my latest upgrade, it may hide the bug.
If I can't trigger any watchdog timeout with it, I will back to
SCHED_4BSD.

Thank you for your work.
Best regards,
--