Re: Resolved: nmount() issues

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 04:34:37 -0500
On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 07:27:49PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Peter Jeremy, and lo! it spake thus:

> I don't suppose you tried doing an ls on the directory or creating a
> file in it or fscking the filesystem before deleting it.

I did ls the directory, and it worked.  The filesystems all went
through numberous full fsck's on both the Jan and Jun -CURRENT's
without a hint of trouble.

> Do you happen to know if the directories were re-created with the
> same inode number?  Maybe you hit a bug that depends on the inode or
> block number of the directory.

That, I don't know, but there were 3 of them on /usr (/usr/src,
/usr/obj, and /usr/ports all had the trouble), so I'm a little doubful
that three of those inodes/blocks that happened to be mountpoints went
wonky.  /usr/local kept working just fine, though.

It's pretty wacky.  At least it's wacky and in the past now; having to
unmount and remount all the time instead of just mount -u'ing was
driving me battier.   8-}

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net