Re: libpthread.so.2 compatibility

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 10:46:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 4 Jun 2006, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 09:54:14AM +0200 I heard the voice of
> John Hay, and lo! it spake thus:
>>
>> They all seem to die in pthread_setcancelstate according to gdb:
>
> FWIW, I just upgraded a system from an early January -CURRENT, and I'm
> getting the same thing.  I've already rebuilt most things, which
> probably means there'll be a "fix" for this that requires rebuilding
> them again   :p

There have been no ABI changes in libpthread, so it must be coming
from somewhere else.  I know that libc had some ABI changes but
it's version was bumped to account for that.

libpthread did move from /usr/lib to /lib, but I don't know how
that would bite you unless you deleted it from /usr/lib in the
upgrade process.

--
DE