Re: HEADS-UP: new dummy syscalls for linuxolator -> new console messages

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:13:08 +0200
Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02_at_stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Wed, 14 Jun
2006 09:55:09 +0200):

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:11:30PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just committed some dummy syscalls to the linuxolator in current. The
>> only purpose of them is to moan if a linux program wants to use an
>> unimplemented syscall. So if you use a linux program and you see some
>> emulation_at_ (F-up set). Please provide
>>  - ls -1 /var/db/pkg | grep linux
>>  - the program you are using
>>  - the message from the console
>>
>> This will help us to determine the priority in which unimplemented
>> syscalls have to be implemented.
>
> I doubt anyone will see any messages unless he/she sets
> compat.linux.osrelease
> to something higher then 2.6.16

Which is not recommended except you don't mind running into bugs and
getting coredumps from some programs. We know about this and Roman is
working on it, so we're not interested in such reports, in case
someone tries this. We're only interested in reports about use of not
implemented syscalls. In case someone plays with the osrelease sysctl,
please tell us about it when submitting reports about unimplemented
stuff.

> still.. if something was printed we appreciate that info

Yes, I want to see which sysctl's (and other stuff like ioctl's) may
be used _now_ but are not implemented.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen