Re: Re: getcwd() problem..

From: <marinosi_at_ceid.upatras.gr>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:29:16 +0300
Hello Giwrgos,

I ' ve just read your reply and tried to check the points you gave me.
So:

>What are the steps you have taken to reach this point?  We have to be
>able to reproduce the same thing, if there is a bug somewhere.

That's a problem .I can't figure out how this problem occured.It was after a
normal boot without any error messages.Also, i want to note that i don't get
these errors everytime.For example now , after a reboot i can work
properly.(before i couldn't even start programs).It is strange.

>When do you hit TAB?  Have you logged in?  What is the setting of your
>HOME directory in /etc/passwd?  Can you change directories if you use an
>absolute pathname like:
>
>    # cd /

 Yeap, i am able to change directories while using absolute paths.I have
problems when i use tab (bash auto completion) and when i use . , .. links of a
dir which should be "linked" to the current and the parent directory.

> It seems your HOME directory points to a location that doesn't exist.
>Can you verify that /etc/passwd contains the right path, that this path
>exists and that you do have the necessary permissions for that
>directory?

bash$ cat /etc/passwd  | grep marinosi
marinosi:*:1001:1001:Ilias Marinos:/home/marinosi:/usr/local/bin/bash

bash$ ls -ld /home/marinosi/ /usr/local/bin/bash
drwxr-xr-x  37 marinosi  marinosi    2560 Jun 14 13:10 /home/marinosi/
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root      wheel     594724 Mar 12 17:58 /usr/local/bin/bash

Seems ok..

Thnx again.

                                                          Ilias

This mail was sent through http://my.ceid.upatras.gr