FreeBSD 6.1 Installation Prob

From: John S <techkrit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 10:50:26 +0530
Hi,

    I am trying to install FreeBSD on my machine which already has Windows
XP, SUSE Linux 10.1.

After partitioning and selecting the installation packages; as soon as i hit
the button to start install; it says "/dev/X" not found and aborted the
install. I am trying to install from CD. What is the problem?

   BTW this is the first time I am trying to install FreeeBSD or for that
matter any flavour of BSD. But I am ok with Linux installtions.