Re: patch to newsyslog: run command instead of to sent signal

From: Garance A Drosehn <gad_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:45:41 -0400
At 5:12 PM +0400 6/19/06, Denis Shaposhnikov wrote:
>Hi all!
>
>What do you think about this patch? The patch adds new
>flag "R" to newsyslog.conf which means execute programm
>specified in path_to_pid_file field after rotating
>instead of to send signal.

I have not looked at the patch in depth yet, but I
believe NetBSD or OpenBSD does have something similar
to this.  I'd want to check what they have, and make
sure that if we are doing the same thing that they
are, that we will be using the same option for it.

It happens that I do plan to do some work on newsyslog
this week, so I will look into your patch while doing
that work.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               drosehn_at_rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad_at_FreeBSD.org