Re: Journaling UFS with gjournal.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:12:17 +0200
On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 11:05:31AM +0200, Alex Dupre wrote:
+> Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> >I forgot to mention this in my initial mail. This is not yet possible to
+> >use gjournal for the root file system.
+>
+> Even if the machine boots from another device and the gjournal kernel module is loaded before mounting the root filesystem?

Yes, even then, because mount(8) utility is responsible for cleaning
.deleted/ directory. This can be done when the file system is remounted
read-write, but I just didn't have time to work on this yet.

pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org