Re: Linux-flashplugin7 & rtld - RFC

From: Rudolf Cejka <cejkar_at_fit.vutbr.cz>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 08:14:37 +0200
Marcus Alves Grando wrote (2006/06/20):
> I already try. That's not possible.
> I don't know why :/ but i think that's because something with linux
> emulation/load shared libraries.

I'm not sure, if it is a related problem, but when I unsuccessfully
tried to make it work on -current, where another problem with versioning
does exist, I have found that there is one problem with /etc/libmap.conf,
which makes it seriously "broken": All already loaded shared libs are
impossible to remap later. This means that when mozilla is started in
6-stable, it loads our native /lib/libc.so.6, and then there is no chance
to remap libc.so.6 for Linux's libflashplayer.so later, needed by

[/usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin7/libflashplayer.so]
libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash7.so

because rtld thinks, that libc.so.6 for libflashplayer.so is already
loaded. Does anybody know, if it is ever possible to fix it?

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology