Re: Unicode (was Re: Updating ncurses in base)

From: Thomas Dickey <dickey_at_radix.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:54:02 -0400
On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:41:58AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I believe uxterm is xterm with luit scripts (I don't know enough about
> this to be sure, however.)

I can usually rely on people making comments like that.
(Though why someone would make assertions without knowing what they're
talking about is something left for another thread).

xterm may use luit - if it's mapping from a non-ISO-8859-1 encoding.
(luit is an application, not a script - I understand it has a manpage).

> I'm one of the people who use something else, switching between urxvt
> (rxvt-unicode) and mlterm.
>
> I think you are correct however--being involved on various Japanese
> language lists, I would say the majority of people don't even bother
> with xterm if they want UTF-8.

that's possible - but since you've already made one comment without knowing
what you're talking about, I'll file those with the rest of yours.

bye

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net