Boot problem

From: Winston <wyt168_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:49:59 -0700
I tried to boot via a serial console, so I modified/added the
following config files:
---------------------------
/boot/loader.conf:
boot_multicons="YES"
boot_serial="YES"
console="comconsole"
-------------------------------
/boot.config
# wyt: added
-Dh
-------------------------------
Changed /etc/ttys:
ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   dialup  off secure
ttyd0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   xterm  on secure

However, I got the following messages while booting:
/boot.config: #
FreeBSD/i386 boot
Default: 0:ad(0,a)boot
boot:

I think I prob. made a mistake by putting a line of comment "#wyt:
added" at the beginning of /boot.conf and the boot loader doesn't like
it.

But if I specify /boot/kernel/kernel after the line boot:
I got a bunch of reg dumps and finally:
BTX halted

The kernel was booting fine before I make the changes. I now have the
chicken and egg problem: I need to get rid of the line of comment in
boot.conf for it to boot, but I can't access it without booting into
it.

Any hint?

WT