Re: if_bridge and hostapd

From: JoaoBR <joao_at_matik.com.br>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:26:56 -0300
On Wednesday 28 June 2006 02:21, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 04:08:43PM -1000, spoggle wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've run into a problem with hostapd and if_bridge:
> >

> Would you be able to send me your hostapd.conf, rc.conf and anything
> else I may need to try and reproduce this problem. The ports are
> blocking rather than disabled which indicates that the stp code is
> active for those ports.

Hi
the same problem occurres running standard ath hostap mode with and without
WEP. I do not know on current because I use releng_6

I changed one of the ath cards using a prism card and the problem persists.

This happens for me under load and I can bring it back by ifconfig down/up

Then I switched back to bridge (not if_bridge) and the problem still persists
but not so often. This thing definitly do not happen on releng_5 when booting
the exactly same hardware and configurations.

Could  it be possible that the bridge blocks after the wl card did some rate
shifting or any speed negociation with the client stations?

when this happens under load then there is still upload traffic for a long
time while download is zero then. This I mean out to client zero, in from
client still goes through.

Joćo

--

Joćo