Re: Recordings of Sam Lefler's talk last night available.

From: Christian Brueffer <chris_at_unixpages.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:38:03 +0100
[...]
> mplayer may play it fine, but mplayer has no gui on windows and most of my
> linux and freebsd boxes don't have much in the way of gui or multimedia
> installed or configured.
> And none of them are under my desk or on my lap anyways. One freebsd box
> has x and basic mm stuff and is under a desk, in a building in a town where
> I don't happen to be at the moment.
> I could have rebooted my laptop to the freebsd partition, but that crashes
> for some as yet unfound reason unless I boot in safe mode. (zd7000)
> I could have popped in a knoppix cd and presumably it has mplayer or xine
> or something that would work, linux _probably_ won't trash my ntfs...

What's the problem with mplayer not having a GUI?  On Windows, you can
just drag and drop a video file on the mplayer binary, and it starts
playing.  Very convenient.

- Christian

--
Christian Brueffer	chris_at_unixpages.org	brueffer_at_FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc