SIS190/191 (SIS965) network driver

From: Michal Mertl <mime_at_traveller.cz>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 00:51:42 +0100
Hello,

is there a driver in the works for SIS190/191 NIC? This NIC appears in
at least one new(er) SiS chipset (SiS 965).

I found out SiS provides driver for Linux and it's also included in the
newest Linux kernel. The driver is of course GPL'd and I wasn't able to
find the programming guide mentioned in the SiS version of the driver.
Not that I would be able to write a driver based on it in short time I
have before the machines will go into production.

The chip is probably quite different to sis(4) - I tried just adding the
PCI ID of the card to the driver but it doesn't attach correctly. The
drivers for SiS900/7016 (which is supported by sis(4) on FreeBSD) and
SiS190/191 are completely separate on Linux.

Of course I've searched the Internet and maling list archives but I
think I've only found one mention of the card not working for someone in
FreeBSD.

Thank you

Michal